This course identifies strategies and tools for design professionals who are preparing the move into the C-suite. This course will examine the key factors of running a successful design firm and developing a vision for leadership turnover. Participants learn skills and tactics, which will enable success, foster innovation and ensure stewardship as they move into leadership positions and the next stage of their career. This course addresses demographic trends, firm scale and scope, technology impact, and the design/enterprise cycle facing the next generation of design leaders. You will learn proven strategies in operations, professional services, finance, and marketing from industry stakeholders focused on preparing you for the challenges of executive leadership. Whether you are managing a small privately owned design firm or have your eye on the corner office of an international construction company, this course will equip you with the skills you need to achieve your goal. As the design industry continues to change and evolve, companies will need well-informed executives with vision, strategies and tactics to guarantee success and longevity.
- Learn leadership strategies from design industry experts.
- Identify and orchestrate the engagement of key stakeholders.
- Learn how to attract and retain talent; assess skill sets, office protocols including HR.
- Gain a practical knowledge of marketing, branding and positioning, networking, developing collateral, and communications planning.
- Explore methods for facilitating team-based creativity, introducing transformative technology, dealing with clients: decisions & approvals, designing the right deliverables.
- Learn key financial performance indicators, avoiding losses, project finance vs. firm finance, performance based compensation, financing growth, mergers & acquisitions.