Program FAQs

Harvard GSD Exec Ed: FAQs


For common questions specific to our one-year AMDP program, please click here.

How can I register for a program?
You may register online for all of our programs. Please see the list of programs for which you may currently register here.

Do I need a visa for the U.S. to attend programs?
Please consult your consulate/embassy to verify whether a visa is necessary for your stay in the U.S. Because the time required to obtain a visa can be lengthy, we encourage you to consult your consulate/embassy as soon as possible.

What does tuition include?
Tuition includes reading materials, morning and afternoon refreshments, and, where applicable, fees for local tours and outings.

When will I receive a program agenda and reading materials?
Once you have paid your tuition and approximately two weeks before the date of the program, we will send you a detailed agenda and readings. You can either print your readings or read a digital copy.

Where are programs held?
Our programs are held on the campus of Harvard University.

Can programs be taken online?
Our programs are not offered in an online format. Our programs are interactive, in person events.

Is on campus housing available?
Unfortunately, there is no on campus housing. Summer is one of the busiest terms at Harvard with students arriving from all over the world for Summer School. Our participants make their own arrangements in hotels, bed and breakfasts, Airbnb rentals, or elsewhere near campus. Please see our suggestions of where to stay here.

It would be so exciting to take a program at Harvard University. Can I bring my family with me?
Each program consists of full-day sessions as well as additional readings. If your family accompanies you there are many local camps and attractions in the Cambridge/Boston area.

Please note program events are open to enrolled participants only.  Please consider the time commitment of the program when determining whether to have your family join you.  

What means of transportation are available? What are the directions to campus? Where can I park?
Please see our transportation resources here.

What level of English is required?
English proficiency (spoken and written) is required so that you can engage fully in exercises and class discussions.

What do I receive once I complete all program requirements?
With your full participation in a program and your paid tuition, you will receive a Certificate of Completion from the Harvard Graduate School of Design, Executive Education indicating the title of the course and course dates. Also, the Harvard Graduate School of Design is a registered provider of continuing education credits for members of the American Institute of Architects (AIA), the American Society of Landscape Architects (ASLA), and the American Institute of Certified Planners (AICP). Please see the descriptions of our programs for available credits.

Do you offer any discounts? What is your payment policy? What is your cancellation policy?
Please see our fees and policies here.