We are excited to have you join our virtual session! All of our online programs and events are offered on the Zoom platform. Below you will find resources and tips to help you join us successfully.
- Computer Specifications: Please use a computer running Windows or Macintosh (2GHz or faster processor, 8GB RAM). Please install the latest operating system and web browser. You will not have the same learning experience on a mobile device or iPad.
- Internet Connection: minimum 4 Mbps
- Audio & Video: Participants are required to use a webcam during sessions. Be prepared to use a microphone and avoid wireless headphones if possible.
Setting Up a Zoom Account
Before participating in any of Harvard’s GSD Executive Education online sessions, create a free Zoom account, and test your computer’s audio and video before the live online session. For more information, please refer to Zoom's Quick Start Guide for New Users.
Getting Ready for Class with Zoom
* Please note: this video makes a brief reference to links from a Canvas course website; for GSD Executive Education programs, you will receive your custom link via email.
What to Expect
- Once you have registered for one of our sessions, you will receive a confirmation email. Before the session begins, you will receive an email with a link to the live online session.
- The email will include a password giving you access as well as any specific details for your session.
- We will open each session before it begins to insure login success.
- You will enter into a ‘waiting room’ where our staff will bring you into the session. Please use the same Zoom name with which you registered so we know it is you.
- Participants will be muted upon entry into the session.
- Refer to your session email for details on the agenda and participation guidelines.